
Presenting the new Chook Palace!
Mindful chooks or should I say, I was mindful as I watched the chooks. I got lost in the moment sitting quietly and watching my chooks investigate their newly refurbished home. Preening, pecking, eating, drinking and sorting out the pecking order (something that seems to happen multiple times every day).
The next thing I noticed was the different personalities of each one. I have three tan, two white, and one black. The girls are between 10 and 12 weeks old, so no eggs yet. Hopefully they will appreciate the new coop and run.
This is only stage one: the north wing. The south wing which will be to the right of the coop in the above photo will be much larger. Due to the fact that we have a large number of cats, dogs and snakes around, the chooks cannot be free-range, hence the full enclosed run. The north wing was refurbished following the discovery of a 1 metre long snake (type unknown) eating its way through a small chick a few weeks ago.
The south wing will be approx. four times the size of the north wing.
:)
This is only stage one: the north wing. The south wing which will be to the right of the coop in the above photo will be much larger. Due to the fact that we have a large number of cats, dogs and snakes around, the chooks cannot be free-range, hence the full enclosed run. The north wing was refurbished following the discovery of a 1 metre long snake (type unknown) eating its way through a small chick a few weeks ago.
The south wing will be approx. four times the size of the north wing.
:)

Hi! Louise, LOVE the palace, the girls will love it too especially when the south wing is built too. Now we need a pic of those gorgeous chookies.
ReplyDeleteI love that you have a north and south wing as if it was a mansion lol It DOES look like a chookie palace in the making!
ReplyDelete