Friday, March 13, 2009

Mindfulness and Focus

The last week has been hectic, hence the lack of posts. DS7 has not been sleeping well, therefore neither do I.

Lack of sleep has given me a chance to practice more of being mindful - figured I'd use the time productively :)

I experienced this yesterday as I undertook some meditation:

1. Mindfulness reminds you of what you are supposed to be doing. In meditation, you put your attention on one item. When your mind wanders from this focus, it is mindfulness that reminds you that your mind is wandering and what you are supposed to be doing. It is mindfulness that brings your mind back to the object of meditation.

Well my mind certainly did wander. All sorts of disconnected thoughts popped into my head, some real, some daydreamy... about all aspects of life.

Staying focused seemed so challenging... and it is a challenge. To improve my focus I need to practice meditation/ relaxation more often, so it becomes familiar to my mind and body.

No comments:

Post a Comment