As you may guess from the name of this post and the previous one, pain has been my constant companion for the past few days.
In taking on board some of the info about mindfulness I have been trying out a few things:
1. When the pain is knocking at the door of my pain threshold I have tried being very mindful and actually focusing on the pain. I have found that instead of this making it worse, I actually feel less dizzy in my head. Part of this I think is because I am not worrying about the future (ie. will the pain be worse). Also, just accepting that it is there means that I am not so cranky about being in pain - less teeth grinding, less woe is me etc.
2. Most days I write out what I am grateful for. When I did it today, I realised that over half the list (9 items in total) identified things I am grateful for that have come about purely because I have not been well (nice things my boys and DP have done).
3. At times when I have focused on other things, I have used the mindfulness principles of enjoying the moment (time spent listening to meditation CD, the wonderful scalp massage I got at the hairdresser's today, etc).
Note: Please do not be concerned, doctors and I know what is wrong, and I am just biding my time till I can have an operation.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Hi Louise, it's Milo/Sandra. I'm thinking of you and very proud of your blog. It is a strong and forward-moving progress.
ReplyDeleteThis blog is wonderful Louise, I hope it is helping you as much as it is helping me, thanks.
ReplyDelete